Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fifth birthday


Did you know? In 2008, nearly 9 million children died before they reached their fifth birthday. One third of these deaths are due directly or indirectly to hunger and malnutrition.

The world is facing a hunger crisis unlike anything it has seen in more than 50 years.

925 million people are hungry.

Every day, almost 16,000 children die from hunger-related causes. That's one child every five seconds.The time it took you to read this.

There were 1.4 billion people in extreme poverty in 2005. The World Bank estimates that the spike in global food prices in 2008, followed by the global economic recession in 2009 and 2010 has pushed between 100-150 million people into poverty.

OK I know what you are saying now. Peter has told us this all before. Yes I have,you are right

Soon I start my journey for a week,only a week of trying to live on $1.50, unlike many people who have to do this day in day out,going to bed hungry. I am asking for two things. One your help,in the way of a $1.50 donation and two your best wishes.


Here is the link to donate to me

Below the line/help Peter Bruce


Thanks Peter Bruce


No comments:

Post a Comment