Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pets eat better an people

Food in this bowl $3.25

I love my pets, yes even my neurotic poodle on some days. And I am not saying that we should not take care of them,but I think we need to look at the whole picture. Most American spend more money on the pets to feed them than we spend on feeding some humans.(I know I am going to get bad e mail from the like of Peta etc). But lets go on here...

$45 Billion on pets This is in the USA only. I’d probably faint if I saw the international numbers. Here’s how we pet people spend all that money:

For 2009, it estimated that $45.4 billion will be spent on all pets in the U.S. in these categories:

1. Food………………………………………………………………….$17.4 billion

Now there are 1.4 billion starving people in the world.You do the math

2. Supplies/OTC Medicine…………………………………..$10.2 billion

3. Vet Care……………………………………………………………$12.2 billion

4. Live animal purchases……………………………………$ 2.2 billion

5. Pet Services: grooming & boarding………………….$ 3.4 billion


OK as I said I love animals, I am not saying they are less important than humans, god forbid some animals are better than human ( and the name michael vick comes to my head... WHY ) But people lets get back to basics here. People living on less per day in 3rd world countries than we feed our pets.Look at the big picture

As you know,and I would love for you to past this on to others,I am going to leave on a $1.50 (no Ia m not going to eat dog food) but think about not having coffee for a week.


If you want to donate to me here is the link. Min help $1.50

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1124003&langPref=en-CA

Cheers Peter Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment